2.22.2010

Zig-Zag Quilt Complete

As I was laying in bed yesterday morning contemplating the things I needed to get done before going to church our phone ran.  A phone ringing before 7am on Sunday usually means an emergency.  When my husband answered the phone said--"Yep, I figured," I was intrigued.  He hung up and said church was canceled.  What?!?!
When I went to bed at 11 there was only three inches of snow and it wasn't snowing.  When we got the phone call the next morning we had 18 inches!  So we called everyone we knew and told them the crazy news.  Then we had a delicious un-hurried breakfast of blueberry pancakes and fruit smoothies.  Then we headed outside to shovel the stuff.  (As a side note I miss the days when we lived in Phoenix and people would always say--remember you can't shovel sunshine.)  We cleared off most of the driveway and I headed inside to check on the kids, some mommy part of me just couldn't leave an 18 month and a 3 year old in a house alone for very long.  I wanted them to experience the snow too--so we bundled and bundled and bundled.  I improvised for my little ones gloves--I just don't see a purpose in buying an 18 monther gloves--so we used ziploc bags covered in socks...waterproof and warm.


They had so much fun outside--they were ready to come in before we were.  I didn't help shovel so much once they kiddos were out there, we of course had to make a snowman family.  We were able to meet all of our neighbors, which sounds pathetic, but we have only lived in our house for 10 months--and my little guy likes to run into the middle of the street.  So we try not to go out into the front yard too much.
After all the cold we spent the rest of the day inside.  Once the little guy went down for a nap I pulled out some of my projects in progress.

So with all of that introduction here is the zig-zag quilt that I finally finished.  I wanted my mother-in-law to have a nice blanket for the babies when they came to visit.  Not too small, or lightweight or heavy.  And just to be used at her house.  I'm not a big fan of the pink, but I had it and I used it, so my bank account part of my brain was very pleased.  And my daughter, who loves pink, likes the pink part of the quilt the best.
 

The back of the quilt has pictures of little boys and girls.


It might make you dizzy--this was a fun quilt to work on.  Here is where I found the pattern.
So one project down--and I have to tell myself not to go out and find a new project.  I am really trying to finish the many projects I have going on right now.

3 comments:

Karen said...

You amaze me :)

House of Smiths said...

SO cute! I'm totally jealous! I can't sew worth a LICK!
I think people who can have SUCH a talent!
Nice work!
Shelley Smith
Thanks for stopping by my blog, as well!
houseofsmiths.blogspot.com

Care said...

I LOVE IT!! I really like the pink! -- Of course, I am a bit of a pink girl, myself! It is absolutely fabulous, and I love your simple quilting. It really accents the zigs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...