2.24.2011

Frame Collage

This Frame Collage sits under the kitchen bar.  We don't use barstools here, it used to have a bulletin board to pin up artwork and keep the chore charts.  I think this is a lot more fun.~
 I've tackled one of my piles.
 The frames were purchased at Savers, most for a great price.  Each frame had some hardware that needed to be removed, mostly staples and some screws.
Once all the hardware was removed and blemishes filled in with painters putty I painted the frames. The paint is acrylic paint from Michael's, nothing too fancy or expensive.
 I marked and drilled a little hole for the eye hook.  These were easy to twist in.  I wanted the frame to sit flat against the wall so the eye hooks were screwed in on the inside of each frame.
 Here is what the frames looked like with two eye hooks.
 The eye hooks size is #214 the wire is 20 gauge.
 For the frames that didn't have a way to hang them I added the picture framing thing (I don't know what it is called.) Keep a pair of needle nose pliers close by for this project--pulling out staples and twisting the wire were much easier with this tool.
 My table was about the same size as the area I was planning on hanging the frames in.  This helped me to really visualize how it was going to look.
 This was what it looked like before.
And After.  
Within minutes of me finishing, the kids had added their art work.  My little guy proclaimed, "I colored that one."  I'm excited to have them be proud to display their artwork.


9 comments:

Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

This is a a great idea to use space you normally don't think about and display your kid's art. I love all the colors and that you can rotate the pictures still.

AllieMakes! said...

This is great!Great space for it too!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Oh my gosh. That is amazing. What a fabulous idea. I'm your newest follower. It would be great if you could stop by my blog Monday and add your project to The More The Merrier Link Party.

http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

love love love it!

check out the giveaways on my blog tees and hair accessories for little kids.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/p/giveaways.html

Artfulife said...

Very cute! Thanks for the link on the chevron quilt. Hope you guys are well-Summie

Kelley said...

That is a wonderful idea... love it. Great colors and such a good use of space.

Let'sMakeADifference said...

What a GREAT idea!! So,So cute!!! I'm blog hopping and found your blog. I'm following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! Have a great weekend!

April said...

I LOVE this idea! I've seen others hang their kids' art on a line but this adds a little oomph!

castoravon said...

Your step-by-step directions were straightforward to follow, and I appreciate that you gave suggestions for selecting the proper Picture framing near me and arranging them visually pleasingly. Furthermore, your suggestion to include personal touches such as family photographs or artwork elevates the overall experience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...