5.26.2011

Zig Zag Quilt

After I finished the pinwheel quilt for my nephew I had a good stack of triangles leftover.  After trying several designs I decided to go with a zig zag quilt.
This isn't a huge quilt, but will be perfect to wrap a bundle of joy in.  The colors are so vibrant and fun too.
I stitched in the ditch to quilt it.
By following the seams of the zig zags as I quilted it made the zig zag pattern on the back.  The white fabric is from a sheet--my favorite way to get white fabric :o)
I used the star fabric for the binding--I have used this fabric in other quilts too.  This isn't a hard quilt to do and is a good quilt for beginners.  Cut out a lot of triangles-lay them out on the floor to see what kind of pattern you are going to sew and sew one row at a time.  Fun and simple.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...