6.10.2011

Paper Graduation Caps


My little girl graduated from preschool last night.  I wish all graduations could be this simple, a BBQ at our neighbors house with a five minute ceremony to give them certificates.  There were six children in our co-op preschool.  It was so much fun watching each of them grow throughout the year.  I made up some caps for them to wear during the "ceremony."

Cut a square from a cardstock piece of paper.  This square is 8.5"
Cut another piece of paper in half.
Staple this piece together.  Fold down one long edge about 1 inch.
Cut the folded edge ever .5 to 1 inch.
Circle the band around and staple together.  I even stapled the folded edge to help when keeing it glued.  I didn't take a picture of the next step, but just put a stripe of glue on the fold and glue to the square.
Repeat until you have enough hats.
I kept on making hats because it was fun to do.  Because 4-5 year olds like to play with things I didn't add any tassles on them.  You can make a simple pom-pom and attached it with a brad.
We had enough hats for little brothers to wear some too.

Happy Graduation!

1 comment:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Thanks so much for this. My 5 year old is having a little graduation this year and I was hoping to construct something similar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...