8.02.2011

Duvet Cover

This project has been on my project list for a long time.  I bought the sheets at Ikea last year.  At first I thought of doing a ruffled cover-but it just wasn't going that way when I started to put things together.
My sister-in-law was out for a few days and she helped me put it all together.
I used the excess material from one of the sheets.
Here's what her bed looked like before (I should show you the pile of toys that she puts on her bed every night-it helps her fall asleep to play)
 After-I have several pillows that I need to finish up, I'll post those when I complete them.
A close up of one of the flowers.  Each of the flowers has a big white button in the middle.
The back of the duvet cover has 5 buttons that match the buttons on the front.
 
 On each corner in the inside I sewed ties.
The comforter has places for the ties-it's what makes it so the comforter doesn't get all bunched up.
Each of the flowers stems is made out of bias tape-just like this dress.  I pinned the design down and zig-zagged it.
 My SIL and I debated whether or not to put 3 or 5 flowers-we decided on three because it is only a twin size and the flowers that I am planning on putting on a pillow will help balance it out.
 One more shot-love how sweet and simple it is.

15 comments:

BluBabesCreate said...

Gorgeous job! I would love a duvet cover like this. The husband would even like the pink and flowers. Come see a special rag doll Little House on the Prairie style.

jess@balancing the dream said...

this is absolutely amazing! You are so talented!! i'm pinning it!!

Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

Gorgeous! Those big, soft blooms look luscious. Love.

Amanda said...

Beautiful! If I had a little girl she would HAVE to have one of these. You are very talented!
~Amanda @ CreatingAmongstBoys.blogspot.com

Alyssa - Live. Love. Craft. said...

Good job! I love it! You might want to check my blog out... I think you would like it!

Cation Designs said...

That is absolutely lovely! Your little girl will have sweet dreams for sure. I also love the ties at the corners idea -- brilliant!

Tasha Anderson said...

Oh do share today!!! It's sooo pretty!I am visiting you from Homework's Inspiration Party.I would love for you to link it to my Pinkalicious Thursday party.

http://www.frugaliciousme.com/2011/08/pinkalicious-thursday-party-13.html

XOXO,
Tasha
www.frugaliciousme.com

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :).

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love the 3D effect of those flowers and bias tape. I'll bet it will be stunning when you have the pillowcase done.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Yay! You came! This post made me smile. Thanks for inspiring me and many others to even attempt this feat. Really appreciate that you linked up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

Stephanie said...

So pretty---I love the pink! And I'm a new follower too :)

Danee said...

Cute.. I made my first sheet duvet in college - 20 years ago. Boy time flies. Mine was a Navy blue and white striped Ralph Lauren sheet. Made a pretty cool duvet. I love the pink flowers you added. Makes a charming bed cover.

Natalie said...

love love LOVE! I want one for ME!

AnJayla said...

That is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

This is SO beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do for CWTS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...