11.08.2011

Tumbler Baby Quilt

While I was in Utah last week he asked me if I could make a quilt for a friend-and most importantly...he gave me permission to go fabric shopping.  I didn't need to be told twice, I found a sitter for my kids and my mom and I went shopping.  It was so fun to peruse through quilt shops.  I found an inspiration quilt for my colors and ended up using a charm pack (a first for me)
I used the Moda Ruby charm pack
You can buy it here...
Here are the fabrics found in the pack...
Aren't they fun fabrics?
I thought about several different approaches to sewing the quilt top.  At first I thought of a disappearing 9 patch, but then I saw an apple core quilt and thought of the tumbler quilt my Grandma gave me earlier this year.  So instead of cleaning my house yesterday I found this awesome tutorial by Amanda for a charm pack tumbler quilt and stitched up a quilt top...
What do you think?  It was simple to put together and I love the color combinations.
I found this fabric (not Moda) by the other fabrics.  I liked how it went with the colors of the pack, I cut a few tumblers from this fabric.  This will also be the binding for the quilt.
See the polka-dot tumbler.
This was such a fun quilt, I'm itching to make another one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...