1.03.2012

Paper Straw Wreath

Happy New Year!  We are excited for new things happening around here, and are always amazed at how quickly time seems to go.  To welcome in the new year I made a new wreath for our front door.  My mom, once again, sent me all the supplies and instructions.
Here's a little hint.

You can find the instructions in this magazine, or online here.
The instructions are very easy to follow, and this project should take you no more than 30-45 minutes.
I didn't have the gumption to go to a store this soon after Christmas, so I made my own 6" flat wreath form.  You know those compasses we used in Geometry class years ago-get that out and set it to 3" and you have your outside ring.  Move it to 2.25" and you have the inside ring.  I'm sure most of you have some leftover boxes right now.
Next I traced the form on white paper and made a cover for the form.
Then I glued the cover on.
You will need a box of paper straws-you will not be using the entire box.
Add the first row of straws.  Think of the minute marks on a clock as you are placing the straws.  Keep the inside edge of the straw flush with the edge of the wreath form.
Add row two.
I didn't like the look of just three rows so I used the cut-off pieces to add a forth row.  I alternated shorter and longer until the gaps were fill in.
It isn't as big as you think it will be, but adds a nice burst of color to the door.
I like the look of all the rows of straws.  I might have to get some blue and white straws for football season.

1 comment:

Karen said...

It looks fabulous!!! Great work, Martha Joanna Stewart :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...